Saturday 10 July 2010

Tyranid Project - Part 1 - Tervigons


As you may or may not be aware I am venturing from my power armoured comfort zone into the unfamiliar world of Tyranids. I will be documenting this journey (both good and bad) for all 10 of my loyal followers, lol. Anybody else is also (obviously) welcome along for the ride ;-)

I'm not bad at conversions, though I'm by no means an expert. I can usually take an idea from my head and create some semblance of it in model form most of the time.

Unfortunately with Tyranids a fundamental problem has revealed itself...

Tyranid Bitz...I don't have any...

Usually with Marines if I have a bright idea for a conversion that desperately requires...say for example...15 chain axes, then I've probably got them in a tub somewhere. An extensive collection of extra bitz and pieces has accumulated into a health and safety hazard sized pile of crap over the last 4+ years in the hobby.

Well with Tyranids I've got whatever comes with the models I've already got, as detailed in this earlier post. So that's what I have to work with. That said I don't think I've done a bad job with my attempt at a Tervigon. I've tried to stick as close as possible to the drawing on the Tervigon page in the codex.

It's to all intents and purposes a Carnifex with Scything Talons as it's front pair of legs and the closest head to the picture that I could find on the Carnifex sprue. The space in the middle of the rocks on the base is going to be a sort of 'birthing pool' out of which the 'babies' will be emerging. There's plenty of Ripper Swarm type extra's on the sprues so that bit should be easy.

Ramble over, onto the model...

TERVIGON, FRONT VIEW.


TERVIGON, SIDE VIEW.


TERVIGON, ANGLED VIEW.


All constructive criticism is gratefully received.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails