Saturday 21 August 2010

Back, but not necessarily by public demand ;-)


Greetings all,

I'm back from holiday and I'm sure you all missed me ;-)

What do you mean... 'Were you gone , I didn't notice?'

Bastards...lol.

Anyway, I don't sleep much so I've had some spare time to have a more thorough dig through the Tyranid book to see if I was missing any particular gems. A lot of numbers were crunched and a few things sprang to mind pretty much all of which involved some kind of 'Maths-Hammer'...

Therefore, 'Maths-Hammer Week' seemed like a great idea...

So I'm going to get it all those Tyranid related numbers out of my system and then I'm going to start working on another project that will be being prepared while I'm finally tuning my Tyranids while giving them a (hopefully) nice paint-job *

* that sentence probably needs some punctuation marks.

Now having single handedly** proved that Tyranids are competitive, I'll be having a go at something else but I'm not sure what yet.

** Obviously, that's a lie...

The top 4 candidates for 'next project' are (in no particular order),

1) Space Marine Bikers.
2) Jump Pack Blood Angels.
3) 'Foot' Marine army (probably using Space Wolves)
4) 'Foot' Imperial Guard.

I'm not abandoning my 'Tyranid Project'. I'll still post battle reports that have any particularly useful strategic nuggets of wisdom in them, I'll still tweak the list when necessary, However the list works well as is and has now moved from the 'can I make this work' pile to the 'I suppose I'd better paint this' pile ;-)

Also, in a complete abandonment of correct procedure 'Maths-Hammer Week' will be starting on a Sunday (tomorrow)...

5 comments:

  1. Well, I missed you :P

    Bikers rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Chumbalaya - Bikers would be fairly simple to do as I already have most of the Bikes and Landspeeders I'd need for the basics. It would just be a case of making a Command Squad.
    I also got a fair way into converting some old Khorne Berzerkers into Jump Pack assault Troops so it wouldn't take much to do a pure Jump Pack Blood Angels either.

    Though I must admit that fielding an army of either 60 Marines or 150ish Guardsmen on foot has a certain appeal as well.

    Decisions, Decisions...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say the foot guard but only because you need to suffer the annoyence for putting down 70+ men. Also it would be a big change from what you are used to

    ReplyDelete
  4. since the painting is what is stopping the nids i would say avoid the infantry heavy lists, though i suppose you have most of the models...

    hell go guard infantry, the chaos marines need some renegades...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most people seem to be edging me towards the 'foot' Imperial Guard army.

    But that may be so they can see me suffer...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails