Wednesday 3 November 2010

Hell Blades


So I'm lending my Chaos Hell Blades to my friend Mike for use in an Apocalypse game I've organised so I supposed I should give them some kind of basic paint job.

Which I then did*.

* It's worth emphasising at this point that me intending to do something and then actually doing it is somewhat of a rarity, lol.

Quite why the 'Night Reapers' Chapter are lending out valuable equipment to Blood Pact armies is something I haven't bothered to write into the scenario. I'll be using the 'They just fucking are, Okay?' argument, if anybody asks ;-)

Hell Blade Angled View.

Hell Blade Front View.

Hell Blade Side View.

And As A Pair.


They still need a lot of work but the basic paint-job is the 'starting point' that I can never normally motivate myself to do...

While I was doing those, my girlfriend was doing these for the same aforementioned Apocalypse game.

She refused to do them in my renegade Chapters usual metallic blue colour and did them in this rather fetching grey colour instead. If they were for herself she'd have put a lot more detail in them but as they were for me they got (by her standards anyway**) a 'quick' paint-job.

** Her painting is of a depressingly high standard and makes even my best work look like it was done by a blind, thumb-less, lobotomised Monkey with a big blunt crayon.

I'm building and painting all the guns and accessories separately in order to make everything truly modular.

Thoughts and Comments are (as usual) most welcome.

7 comments:

  1. Man, those things look super evil , I hope they manage to get the DE fighters etc to be that streamlined and savage looking.

    painting that would take me a month .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sorrowshard - I have promised myself that I'll spend at least an hour a night on actually painting things rather than tweaking lists or just...well...pissing about really, which is what I normally end up doing.

    If I had your talent for painting I'd gladly spend a month on them...Unfortunately for me I don't, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the blod pact had lots of different coloured hellblades in Double Eagle....so perhaps you just happen to be lending me 2 of the blue ones? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you mount the Hell blades onto the flying stands? Are they glued or removable? Nice work btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ozone - I drilled two holes in the top of the flying stands into which I put some pins (I used a plastic coated paper clip to be exact) and then carefully drilled holes in the Hell Blades to match. That way I can remove them from the stands for transportation.
    Not a difficult job you just have to be careful when drilling into the resin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool. Will do that on my second. I foolishly tried magnets. You didn't shape the top of the flying stand to match the angled Hell Blade hull?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Ozone - I reshaped it very slightly but there wasn't really any need looking at it now ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails