Friday 31 December 2010

Marine Jet-Bike Prototype.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.....

2nd Company Captain - "You managed to retrofit our weapons to the vehicle then?"
Master of the Forge - "Yes Captain, the existing weapon systems were...unsuitable...I used ones more familiar to your Marines"
2nd Company Captain -"Can you make more?"
Master of the Forge - "If you can provide the raw materials, then yes"
2nd Company Captain -"Excellent"
Master of the Forge -"If you don't mind me asking Captain, how were these Dark Eldar persuaded to trade these materials?"
2nd Company Captain -"Do you recall our problems with over-crowding on the prison planet at the edge of our domain?"
Master of the Forge -"Yes"
2nd Company Captain -"There are approximately 10,000 less problems than before..."
Master of the Forge -"I see..."

My Command Squad need rides that sets them above the 'rank and file'. This seemed to fit the bill nicely.

Jet-Bike Prototype - Side View.

Jet-Bike Prototype - Top View.

Jet-Bike Prototype - Rear View.

Jet-Bike Prototype - Angled Views.


Jet-Bike Prototype - Front View.

My Command Squad will most likely be armed in the following way

: Command Squad (5#, 365 pts)
1 Command Squad @ 365 pts (Space Marine Bike; Veteran)
1 Apothecary (Unit on SM Bikes)
4 Veteran (Storm Shield; Unit on SM Bikes; Lightning Claw x1; Meltagun x1)

The standard bike armament of twin-linked Bolters has been added to the model as has the meltagun that the Rider has as war-gear. I believe that the spikes on the vehicle do a fair job of representing Lightning Claws. Not sure how to justify the Storm Shield yet, though...

Anyway, There's obviously a lot of tidying up to be done but the basic idea is there.

Thoughts, Comments and other constructive criticism is (as usual) most welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting. They certainly stand out.

    I would be tempted to mount them onto the standard bike bases with 1/2" flight stands. All the extra weight of armour makes them fly low and justifies why they do not ignore Terrain in game terms.

    I wonder if you could make one into Landspeeder/Attack Bike combination

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lyracian - I was planning on mounting them on bike bases I just don't have any spare at the moment.

    If I mounted one on a 60mm base and attached a Multi-Melta underneath I'm sure it could count-as an Attack Bike just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks incredible. Very nice.

    For the storm shields: maybe a small "shield generator" dome. Possible steal some Tau bits or something that looks like the Void Shield bits on Titans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Vogin, I like that idea. I shall use it for my Captain.

    You could always do the Lightning Claws like MaxiMini's Steampunk Bike Lances?
    http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=98

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is a great idea. Space Marines had them at the beginning during RT times. If I was you though I would 'dome' up the front part with some plasti-card just to divert from the Dark Eldar look. Otherwise I think you got a winner here. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. - I love the little story introduction. It's a gem!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails