Saturday 12 March 2011

Some 'Long Fang' progress

So I've got a bit of painting done,


They'd already been dry-brushed my Chapters metallic blue colour but they also now have the first coat on their weapons and the basic colours done on the shoulder pads and rims as well as small other small details which you probably can't see very well on this picture.
I'm also changing my usual bright blue colour on the cloaks for a more pleasing grey colour. All the cloaked Sergeants/Champions/Wolf Guard etc. will gradually get changed into the new colour scheme.

Also as a relief from the boredom of painting the same thing on 18 models I cleaned up and partially based this recent e-bay acquisition


Not much to comment on, but go ahead if you feel the need......

4 comments:

  1. Nicely done, GMort. 18 Models with exactly the same paintjob will take its toll on you for sure. I usually spread mine out for that reason. They look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good so far. What recipe did you use for the metallic blue? It looks like a blue + silver mix to me, but I can't be sure. Also, what in the world is that thing in the second pic? It looks cool but I've never seen that model before.

    @Old School Terminator
    I know what you mean about painting 18 models at a time. I tried painting 2 squads of 10 Chaos Marines at once and it was brutal. I went to painting them one squad at a time but even 10 at once is pushing it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Chaosheade - The Metallic Blue is a mixture of Ultramarine Blue and Boltgun Metal.
    The model is one of the first Terminator models from 20 odd years ago, I'm going to use him as my 4th Company Captain when I get around to doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I thought so. I've been researching different ways to make metallic blue paint for my upcoming Tyranids and it's good to see an example of what the blue/silver mix looks like on a model. I've been experimenting with a metallic medium combined with blue acrylic artist's ink which is very rich in pigment and creates a much darker blue.

    I gotta say, that's a cool looking old school model and he will make a great centerpiece to your army.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails