Tuesday 18 October 2011

Throne of Skulls - Best Painted (Part 1)

There were a number of nicely painted armies at the ToS tournament on October the 15th and 16th but I'd be lying if I said that all of the armies selected for 'Best Painted' voting would have been the ones I would have picked. It seemed that the judges attention was drawn to certain conversions and styles rather than looking at the individual detail on a number of entries that were (imo) criminally overlooked.

However as I'm a crap painter and all the nominations were better painted than I would have managed then I suppose my opinion carries less weight than it might do if I had any talent of my own ;-)

I'm also too poor to buy a decent camera so the quality isn't exactly going to be winning awards either. Of course if you all want to click on enough adverts so I can buy a better camera then that's up to you lot, lol.

Anyway onto the first half of the entries that made it into the cabinets on the day.....

Blood Angels.




Space Wolves.




Grey Knights.




Eldar.




Space Marines.




I'll but the rest up in tomorrows blog post. Oh, and obviously thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I realise the environment and equipment was less than optimal, but those blue eldar really were stunning.
    As a painter I'll fill in a few gaps if thats ok. (runs and hides if its not)

    Judges seemed to focus on blending, hard edging free handing and novelty conversions. (see coming pics, you'll get it instantly).

    The above armes have sections of the blending (grey knights & eldar, blood angels), free hand (eldar, spacemarines) and hard edging (blood angels)

    The space wolves are a bit of a mystery as they didn't seem to fit the rest of the armies chosen, they were all round clean and crisp without and overt displays of techniques like many other armies.

    (again sorry Gmort, skuttles back to my blog to await photos)
    Citizen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails