Sunday 27 November 2011

Forge Master Mortis - Character Model.

A while ago I did a post detailing what I wanted on my Deathwatch character model. The post can be found here if your interested.

So I got my Thunderhammer which was fine but after mocking up the model with it, I was struck by the idea that a 2nd Storm Bolter would be visually more appealing. It was there that I got the idea to make my character to all intents and purposes a 'tank'. He'd have a main gun (conversion beamer) and sponsons (represented by a bad-ass Storm Bolter in each hand) and possibly a Grenade Launcher of some kind also......

My GM isn't keen on the idea of me having a 2nd Storm Bolter even though from a rules point of view it's allowable so I'm hoping that I can sway him by virtue of the 'rule of cool'. If I can't have one 'in-game' then I'll still stick with the pair on the model because I prefer the way it looks and when your effectively making an 'Avatar' of yourself then the looks are pretty damn important.

Anyway, Here he is.....








Here's his Conversion Beamer. It's not exactly a major conversion but I like the way it turned out.


And where would a Techmarine be without a multitude of Mechadendrites?

Utility Mechadendrite
Optical Mechadendrite
Breacher
Medicae Mechadendrite

Manipulator Mechadendrite 2
Manipulator Mechadendrite 1


and for those times when a standard 'breacher' just won't do the job you need to make sure that you have a Breaching Augur handy.....of course I ignored the actual definition of an augur as I didn't really want another drill looking thing so I decided that a fucking great chainsaw would be ideal instead ;-)

Breaching 'Augur'
I wanted the two ranged weapons from the Servo Harness to look similar so I converted a fine-cast 'Plasma' weapon into a 'Flamer' version and kept the Plasma one the same as a standard version.



Then he got a black undercoat followed by a base-coat of his Chapters metallic blue colouring.




I'll try and get the metal bits painted and maybe give the model it's first 'wash' over the next few days.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome but be warned I'm not bloody changing anything at this stage  lol.

8 comments:

  1. So you've got a conversion beamer, twin flamer, twin plasma, lots of choppy things...and he's worried about a second storm bolter? lol

    Awesome work on the fig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What- No tentacles?
    :P

    Fer real though, this guy looks like a swiss army knife of DEATH!

    cool stuff, GMort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with sonsoftaurus - it's a bit late in the game to get huffy about these things now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ sonsoftaurus + Von - The issue is that due to my relatively high BS combined with modifiers for semi-auto fire, etc. it's relatively easy for me to get the full 4 hits which then doubles to 8 due to the weapons 'Storm' rule.

    I also have a distinction called 'Master of Arms' which allows me to add an additional effect to my shooting selected from 2 out of a list of 5. I picked 'Felling' which reduces an enemies unnatural toughness (if it has it) by a factor of 1 or Blast 2 (which means the shot has a 2m radius Blast). This effectively means that with a pair of Storm Bolters I can drop 16 Blasts 4m across into a horde or effectively do an extra 3-7 damage per hit to a Marine equivalent enemy. Combined with the Conversion Beamer I can kill a Tactical Squad in a turn of shooting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ SinSynn - 6 of them are sort of tentacle-like.....just with gubbins on the end, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a very, very large servo harness. i hope he has some MONUMENTAL leg servos to cope with that lot or he is going to have massive back problems in a few year time!

    seriously though, looks sick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so full of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ everyone - Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully the paint-job can in some way live up to the conversion, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails