Friday 15 June 2012

Current Project...Still in Progress...

The 'Blood Angels' army I've been pissing about with now is close enough to what it's meant to look like so I can stop calling it a 'proxy' army and now refer to it as a 'counts-as' army...well it's progress of a sort...


I took this picture just before a test game against Dark Eldar during which they kicked ass quite nicely. The only bit of 'proxy' at the time was the one Razorback sporting a Heavy Bolter turret instead of an Assault Cannon one. Since then I've made an extra turret and under-coated all the completely unpainted ones. Of course had I discovered these before I made the ones I did then I'd have used them instead.

A lot of the vehicles are from my other armies and as I'm planning on painting them properly with appropriate squad markings I'll have to buy a few more vehicles. A while ago I planned on painting up all the models I had that I'd earmarked for my 'Night Reapers' 2nd Company and then failed to do anything about it...this time will be different however...Even if I quit 40K from a gaming point of view I'll still paint all the shit I've got left as I'm sick of seeing it all sitting there on the shelf wearing nothing but an undercoat...

This one however, looks fine just under-coated....
It's highly unlikely that 6th Edition will kill the golden goose that is 'vehicle and transported unit' and as their apparently releasing a load of cards for psychic powers my Librarian should still be useful...whether the rest of the army survives the transition is as yet unknown however....we await the new rulebook anxiously and with little optimism to speak of...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails