Friday 27 July 2012

Titan Games


So I took a trip to Lichfield today to visit my friends new business enterprise Titan Games which opened today...Amusingly the sign-age isn't done yet so from a distance it still apparently sells shoes...

They're still awaiting a lot of stock so the shelves look a bit minimalist at the moment but they can order pretty much everything and give you a decent delivery time which is cool. Currently they have stock of Malifaux, Infinity, Hordes and Warmachine but the GW stuff is due to arrive imminently I'm informed and I believe their pricing is quite competitive on GW stuff as well.

The nice part was that they had a fair sized area for painting downstairs and a couple of gaming tables...however...I got a sneak peak upstairs and as soon as it's complete (a week or so I believe) there will be more painting space and another four? gaming tables there for people to utilise. Given the fact that most Games Workshop stores now operate a 'buy your stuff then fuck off*' policy it's nice to see people chatting in store without some-one hovering at your shoulder nagging about the newest model release whether you want it or not. Both Adam and Martin have an extensive amount of hobby experience so they should be able to assist with everything from painting advice to list building and pretty much everything in between. 

*I understand that this is more company policy than the staff policy but nonetheless it's still off-putting when your used to GW shops being a bit more sociable than most have become...


Their Facebook page can be found here and has the contact details on it should you be local enough to take advantage. I'm sure your support will be much appreciated...I bought a Malifaux rulebook so my conscience is clear, lol. Once they're fully operational I'll see if I can get some pictures...

Maybe Adam and Martin will make a few comments after they read this ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review dude, its much appreiciated and good to see you again, its been a while! Its cool that Im seeing all the old faces pop up again at the shop, and its still weird to think we have a shop now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even your 'bare bones' initial opening lay-out was more welcoming than 99% of the GW stores I've been in...

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails