Thursday 2 August 2012

Looking at Other Systems

I've been looking at alternatives to 40K as given 6th Editions incompatibility with the concept of 'balance' I can't see me embracing it with quite the same level of obsession as I dedicated to 5th. Not that I'm planning on quitting or anything...just that I'm going to need something to keep my interest and an alternate gaming system might be the best place to start.

I tried Warmachine a while ago and didn't enjoy it at all...I also didn't really enjoy the one game of infinity that I had though that may have had something to do with the person I had the game with...he was a dickhead, in case your wondering...

So I was looking at Malifaux and as a fortuitous coincidence several people I'm acquainted with are also having a go. Normally the expense of a new system makes picking the right army/crew/faction/gang quite important but as I can get a Malifaux starter kit and the cards needed for less than £30 I suppose I'll just pick something that looks cool. If it sucks then I'll buy another one...but as a side note a brief search on forums has told me that virtually every 'master' is broken in somebodies opinion so I'll just ignore those opinions completely for now...Hell, If I can still win with Chaos Space Marines in 40K I can deal with anything, lol.

Here's a clue about what I'm going to start with as a crew as far as Malifaux is concerned...


Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Bring on the Ressers!

    Let me know if you have any questions since I've been playing it since 2010 now and also I'm a henchman so I'm here to help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get the 'Redchappel gang' starter set as a beginning point and see how I like the system....zombie hookers, lol.

      Any help will be much appreciated. I'll have a few games myself and see how it goes before I start to concern myself with optimisation though. I'm informed that player skill is far more important in Malifaux than list building and if true that will be a nice change from 40K ;-)

      Delete
    2. Just to go with that I'd recommend the Copycat Killer who is Seamus' Totem and down the track you might want to look at his Avatar and some more Belle's.

      It is a strong crew and you can add anything from the Ressurectionist line to any master which gives you endless combinations but that being said some are more of a synigy than others.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails