Thursday 31 January 2013

Hellraiser Crew (Part 1) - Planning Stage

So lets get the practical part of this project under-way...

Firstly lets look at potential Lead Cenobite/Pinhead,


I'll be swapping the right arm for the one holding the puzzle box (Lament Configuration stand-in) and filling the holes that normally take the 2nd set of arms. I'll also need to fill the gap that the backpack locates into as I'm obviously not going to be using it. After careful examination I have determined that I can remove the technological bits around the feet without damaging everything else so that he's standing on the ground. The only issue is the head which will have to go...but I currently have no idea what I'm going to replace it with...all ideas are welcome.

Next up is the Female Cenobite,


This is going to be a bit more tricky to adapt. The hair has got to go but unfortunately there's a lot of it and it obscures some of the detail...the head needs to go as well. This is one of those circumstances where I'm going to just have to give it a go and if I fuck it up...well I fuck it up...

The rest of the crew,






All the ranged weaponry are on a separate sprue so I just won't be using them as the generic models all come with close combat weapons. I may need to swap a few of them for more pointy weaponry as the big clubs are not quite the look I'm going for. I obviously will not be using the backpacks and need to fill the holes. I'm also considering leaving the heads as they are on some of them though at least one of them will have the head of the following guy...


...as I think it would make him into a fairly decent 'Chatterer'.

As a last minute whim I include this model in my order as it had a similar vibe to what I wanted (as long as you don't use the head) and I'm going to need some differentiated models for when I decide to use them as 'counts-as' in my Malifaux crew.


Though I have the basic idea in my mind I am still unsure about what to use as heads on many of them so am open to any suggestions you might have.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails