Sunday 3 February 2013

Hellraiser Crew (Part 3) - And Then There Were Three...

No overtime today so I managed to make some pretty significant progress on my Malifaux Hellraiser Crew.

Lead Cenobite/Pinhead.
Yesterday the Lead Cenobites head looked like this,


I've cut down the spikes and replaced the Dark Eldar head with the 'Pinhead' one, smoothed down the cloak extension and removed a few more mould lines that I found as I was going along as well as having to fill in several air-holes that seem to be a signature feature of GW's new 'Finecast' material. The result is this,

We have such sights to show you!
He still requires a bit more tidying up and the arm holding the Lament Configuration needs adjusting slightly as it seems to have dropped slightly while it was drying. I'm very happy with the overall look though.

Female Cenobite.
Those of you who have read previous posts may be aware that I had concerns about the long plait of hair on the model I was using as a basis for the Female Cenobite. I removed her head as part of the hair removal process (Intentionally, lol) and removing it carefully was as time consuming as I feared and so was sculpting the detail back in afterwards. I then replaced her head with one from a GW Daemonette with the hair removed and a hole drilled through it so I could insert the wire that is in her face in the film version. She turned out like this,

Kirsty : You can go to Hell!!, Female Cenobite : We can't. Not alone. 
I think we'll call her done.

Chatterer (of sorts).
My original plan was to use the same model as I was using for 'Pinhead' as my base and then do a head swap. However after some consideration I decided I wanted each of the main character models to have their own unique look so I used one of the GW Wrack models, swapped the head and removed the 3rd arm that it had for some reason. As there have been six (at least) versions of Chatterer I figured I had some considerable artistic license with the look as long as the head looked right. This is how he ended up,

ch, ch, ch, ch, ch....
Any further modifications to him are going to be relatively minor.

Here's a picture of the crew all together so you can see how they tie into one another. I'll be using GW Dark Eldar models as a basis for the whole crew in order to keep that theme intact unless I see something similar from another company with the same vibe...

The box. You opened it. We came. 
So that's how it's going up to now. I'm working tomorrow morning and am off to my FLGS on the afternoon so this is probably all the progress I'll make till Monday evening at the earliest.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

2 comments:

  1. They're looking good. How have you found the finecast? Can't see any bubbles or filler in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use P3 Modelling Putty which when mixed looks grey so you probably wouldn't see the air bubbles I've had to fill. The finecast models were generally okay but the mould lines were in surprisingly random locations (sometimes smack bang through the middle of areas of detail) and air bubbles were common enough to be an irritant.

      Considering the price of GW products I'd have hoped for better if I'm being honest.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails