Saturday 9 February 2013

Hellraiser Crew (Part 5) - Two New Members

My 'Crew' of Cenobites now has two new members...

My first addition was a version of 'Spike'. Though he can only be found in the deleted scenes section of 'Hellraiser : Deader' I like the concept a lot so I decided quite early on that I'd have a version of him though my first prototype of the spike through his head (shown below) was a bit on the conservative side...


...so after some consideration I just went for it ;-)



I drilled a whole straight through his head and my girlfriend made the first spike out of some nail stuff in the same manner that she uses to create the icicles for her Rasputina crew. After some consideration (and some reviewing of pictures on the internet) we decided to make it bigger with the addition of some P3 Hobby Putty (basically it's grey 'Green Stuff' but better). Once it's properly dry I'll add the detail to the side and file the shape into the bottom so it looks even more like the one protruding from the guy in the film,


I also removed the weapon from his right hand and added a length of chain for a bit of variety from the other 'dual weapon' models.

Secondly we have the male version of 'Bound'.



The head is from the mutation sprue that used to be (and may still be for all I know) in the GW Chaos Space Marines box and the body is a GW Dark Eldar Wrack with al the technological parts removed from the cloak after which the cloak was re-sculpted back into an appropriate shape. The handle was removed from the knife on one hand and the weapon on the other was completely taken off so as to create a hollow for the chain. I wanted it to look like he was holding a blade attached to a long chain rather than simply holding a knife of some description.

This now brings the crew to a total of five,


Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails