Monday 1 April 2013

The 'Crew a Week' Challenge.

Unfortunately my complete inability to back down from even the most impossible of challenges has screwed me over again.....


I have a considerable pile of Malifaux Crews that are still (at best) at the under-coated stage or (at worst) still on sprues and am currently procrastinating with most of them. This has apparently not gone unnoticed so a challenge has been issued to me to complete one each week...I have decided to formalise the rules for this challenge a little...

Rule 1.
One week from start to finish. 
'Finished' will be classed as painted to a table-top standard and based as well. As Sunday is the day I normally spend at my FLGS I suppose that should be either the start or finish day, but to be fair could actually be both....We'll go with both ;-)
So the crew must be complete to the above specification by the end of Sunday and any time spare may be used to start the next crew.

Rule 2.
What exactly constitutes a Crew anyway?
I think we'll define a 'Crew' as the contents of any Starter Box. Should any particular crew require other models to make it viable we'll call those 'Week 2' and make them a separate challenge.
For example the contents of 'The Thunder' Box set would be a crew but as they'd be complimented by Yamaziko and a box of Ten Thunders Archers we'd call those a separate Challenge for week 2.

Rule 3.
I thought you were a gamer not a painter?
You make a good point...Once the crew is completed I must have at least one game using it during the subsequent week. This shouldn't be difficult considering how popular Malifaux is with the populace of my FLGS.

Rule 4.
You said some were already assembled and/or under-coated you cheating bastard...
Cheating is putting it a bit strongly. To be fair I have two Crews under-coated and one assembled so it's not like that'll be an advantage for very long anyway. As the crew I'm using for week 1 is already assembled that could be called a 'head start' but as I didn't do anything with it yesterday it comes to the same thing as assembling it yesterday ;-)

The starting crew for this project will be...


Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Give me a shout if you're pushed to find an opponent at any point.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails