Wednesday 29 May 2013

Kings of War - Some Undead

I ordered a Mantic 'Kings of War' Gravestalker Horde and a box of Ghouls via my FLGS Titan Games. They were collected from the Mantic stall at the UK Games Expo and I gather from the Horde Box that either Mantic are saving some money on box art or that they put together a box for me from stock, lol.


These were originally bought for a 40K project that I abandoned almost immediately after thinking about it. I've instead decided to use them for their correct purpose. Between the two boxes I have enough bits and pieces for 74 Ghouls, 36 Zombies and 110 bases. There are also three sprues of Gravestones which I presume are used to make unit fillers or for scenery. Either way they'll come in useful...


In order to turn these into an actual army I've ordered the 'Court of the Vampire Countess' army deal to go with them which comes with a particularly nice Avatars of War Vampire Countess Kit...


This will give me the following from which to construct my army of the undead...

1 x Avatars of War Vampire Countess

Undead Skeleton Horde
40 Plastic Skeletons with hand weapon and shields
Options for spears
Full Command Option
Dead dog, skeleton bursting from the ground

Undead Revenant Regiment
20 x Plastic Skeletal Revenants with hand weapon and shields
Options for spears
Full Command Option
Dead dog, skeleton bursting from the ground

Revenant Knight Regiment
10 x Plastic Resin Revenant Knights with Lances and shields
Full Command Options

66 x Plastic Zombies

94 x Plastic Ghouls
Variety of heads and knives.

All I need now is somebody to teach me how to play, lol.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.


4 comments:

  1. Kings of War is a good ruleset, you should find it interesting. The rules are pretty straight forward and for the most part you should be semi-comfortable with the things such as unit LoS and whatnot. The rules and army lists are all available on the Mantic website for free in case you haven't already downloaded them.

    I just went through a couple mock games with my two daughters and both of them caught onto the rules quick and loved it. one is taking up an Egyptian themed undead force, and the older daughter is taking over my old lizardmen army.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the guys at my FLGS has offered to take me through the ruleset when I'm next down and I'm quite looking forward to it.

      8th? Edition Warhammer Fantasy caused the shelving of mine and my girlfriends Fantasy armies so hopefully this system will enable me to try something new and for my partner to dust off her Dark Elves :-)

      I'll download the rules in a bit and have a look.

      Delete
  2. Oooh- a new project. Kewl.

    Lemme guess- you've painted every friggin' Malifaux model they make, right?
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not even close, lol.

      I had the issue with 40K that I got hyper focused on a single system and when that system pissed me off I effectively had to start from scratch with a new one or put up with the pile of shit that the previous system had become.

      Though Malifaux is still my favourite I thought I should try a few other things just to keep my hobby fresh. Plus the buy in for Mantic stuff is very reasonable...and in a refreshing change from GW, their army deals are reasonably priced and actually work as an army...radical thinking, huh?

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails