Tuesday 2 July 2013

Crew a Week Project - Update

Like all hobbyists I have bright ideas for projects...and then get distracted...by other bright ideas for new projects...

The point of the 'Crew a Week' challenge was to motivate me to paint the many unfinished (or not even started) Malifaux projects that I had on my shelf. This realistically should have taken me four or five weeks...if I hadn't bought a load more stuff in the meantime. When I started this I had five painted crews and now I have seventeen which is (imo) a great achievement and just goes to show that I work better when I set myself goals of some kind.....

"So just to confirm....How grateful are you going to be if I rescue you from the cage again?"
In order to have one of every crew painted I'd need to do another fourteen (sixteen come M2E) which would take the best part of the rest of this year so I need to decide now whether I'm going to continue till I've done them all (not my original intention) or just call the project done (I have an empty shelf now...well...empty of crew boxes at least). Unfortunately this shelf isn't going to be empty for much longer as I have just ordered a Hoffman crew via my FLGS (Titan Games) and have spent my Henchman rewards on the rest of the Neverborn crew boxes, their Master specific Totems and a few other Neverborn bits and pieces so by next week I'll be back in the position I was in when I started this thing, lol.

Another issue is that the upcoming release of M2E will coincide with the release of the original book one Masters in plastic and realistically that's going to severely impact on my motivation to paint and assemble an older metal version.


As I'm a completest at heart I'm going to want them all done and my OCD is likely to kick in if there's two versions of a crew and I only have one of them I suppose I should take this to it's logical conclusion and paint one of every Masters crew. Obviously I'll need to start with any crew that's in imminent danger of getting a new plastic version which will probably (I'm just guessing based on rumour, beta test characters and teaser artwork) include the following Masters,

Arcanist.
Marcus, Ramos, Rasputina.
Guild.
Lady Justice, Perdita, Sonnia.
Neverborn.
Lilith, Pandora, Zoraida.
Outcasts.
Leveticus, Ophelia, Somer Teeth, Viktorias, Von Schill.
Resurrectionist.
McMourning, Nicodem, Seamus.

The ones in italics are already done which leaves me with eight Crews to paint before the new plastics start appearing which should be just enough time.

I have however decided to have a week off while I'm waiting for the stuff I've ordered to arrive which I'll spend assembling my Kings of War Undead and Warmachine Cryx army.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

1 comment:

  1. same feelings here.

    i was going to start and finish up my colette crew until the official m2e announcement got out and now put off any malifaux projects until the new rules get released.

    so now all i have is just colette and cassandra done up... all the other stuff i will just wait till the new rules come around and buy the required models and do them up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails