Thursday 14 November 2013

Aliens vs Predator - Kickstarter

Believe it or not I was a bit neutral about this one when I first saw it...



I think it's possible that the amount of free stuff that's been hurled at me by other Kickstarters gave me a somewhat unrealistic view of what you should get in a kit. Of course many of those other Kickstarters aren't dealing with the kind of money it must cost to get hold of the rights for a franchise such as this one so some allowances obviously need to be made. However it's quite quickly become great value.

Currently what you get for a £75 pledge is this...


The extras mentioned at the bottom of the above picture are this guy...


...and a choice of one the following models.


Though I'm pretty sure that after looking at pictures of the above options the majority of people will opt for one of these two...


Though a Colonial Marine Squad is also a solid choice (to be fair, those no bad ones really...). As well as that you also get one of these three amongst which is also an option for the Predalien so you could actually get both the above pictured models for free if you so desired.


There's also a lot of other stuff available as add-on purchases as you'd expect.

For more information on this cool as hell product the Kickstarter page can be found here. I'll also be keeping my eye on this now I've actually pledged as who knows, maybe there will be even more freebies by the end...and we all know that the Alien Queen is going to be unlocked if we can get this to a high enough value...


Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Well there's likely no way I'm gonna have any kinda money in...what?
    14 days or less?
    :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they keep these things open for longer with a paypal option or similar...not saying they will do...just that some Kickstarters do...

      Delete
  2. I posted a comment and for some reason it didn't stick!

    I'm in currently at the base game level and even tho I was excited when I first got in on it my interest seems to be waning at 10 days out... Maybe it's the wrong time of year or that since I've managed to get more from other kickstarters but I'm on the fence at the moment and thinking about getting the game when it is finally released next year...

    To be honest I'm thinking at this point the only thing that is keeping me going is the idea of painting Aliens and Predators!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're apparently using a similar rule-set to that which they use in Mutant Chronicles and that's a very tight rule-set. I'm chatting to the guys from Prodos Games on Friday so I'll ask them about official release dates and differences with the release version then if your interested?

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails