Monday 4 November 2013

Mutant Chronicles Warzone Resurrection - Dark Legion - Part 5

As the British weather kindly decided to stop raining for half an hour we have managed to reach the under-coated stage. The pictures are adequate for you to see what stage I'm at but I'll do some more decent quality ones once there's some paint on them.


This will also probably be a good time to work out how many points worth of Dark Legion I actually have...

Warlord and Lord.
Alakhai the Cunning is my Warlord and comes in at 220 points and Golgotha, Mistress of Pain can be taken as a Warlord instead for 175 or as a Lord for 150 though that can go up if I choose to give her a 'Algeroth Dark Symmetry Power'...but as I'm not sure what they actually do, I haven't bothered...yet...also, Alakhai is going to get a weapon conversion as his sword kept falling off*

*This is mainly because I dropped him and once the joint was weakened it was a pain to re-attach so I'm going to give him something a bit more substantial before I start painting. I mention this as I wouldn't want you to think it was a particular design issue...it might be for other people...just not in my particular case...


I can take both in a game of sufficient points as I'm allowed to Lords in addition to my compulsory Warlord in a standard game.

Troops.
In a game of 'Standard' size I have to take at least two troop choices but can take up to four if I wish. I can take my Undead Legionnaires in units of 5 if I wish but for testing purposes I'll be taking them in tens with a Necromutant Squad Leader as well as giving them a number of weapon upgrades.

This unit has a base cost of 50 points but I've added six additional Legionnaires at 10 points each (one is being upgraded to a Necromutant Squad Leader) and also upgraded two in every five (the maximum I'm allowed to) with a special weapon. For testing purposes I've took three HMG's at 8 points each and a Plaguedealer (basically a Flamer) for 5 points. This makes the unit 159 points (110, +20, +24, +5).



I could split these into smaller units if I wished but I wanted to make sure there was a slot spare for my Necromutants...


These have certain advantages over the Legionnaires in that they can take more than just basic Actions (o they can do things like 'Run' which my zombie guys can't) This unit is 105 points for five Necromutants and I can add up to another five if I wish. I've also upgraded one with a Heavy Plaguedealer (a more powerful version of the Undead Legionnaires Flamer weapon) though as with the Legionnaires I can upgrade two in every five if I so desire. This unit now comes in at 115 points with the single weapon upgrade.

Support.
Though they aren't compulsory, I can take up to three support units.

Though I can take my Praetorian Stalkers in units of up to six I've instead decided to take a unit of three (the minimum size is one) with their default weapon (A HMG rather confusingly called a 'Scythe' of Semai) and another three with a free close combat upgrade (the 'Reaper of Semai) purely for testing purposes. Both these come in at 80 points for the basic unit with each extra Stalker costing another 80 points. Making these two units 240 points each.



Razides are 75 points each and can be taken in units of up to three..but as I only have two...a unit of two it is. That's another 150 points spent then.


Light Vehicle/Monster.
I can take one of these and as I don't have any Necrobeast Riders yet (my 'Light Vehicle' option) I'll instead have to take this bad-boy...


I'm in "I'll have one of everything" mode at the moment so the test lists won't exactly be focused. In theory if I fielded everything I'd be putting the following on the table...

Warlord 
Alakhai the Cunning          -  (220)

Lord
Golgotha, Mistress of Pain - (150)

Troops.
Undead Legionnaires x11 (110), Necromutant Squad Leader (+20), 3x Valcheck HMG's (+24), 1x Plaguedealer (+5) - (159)                    
Undead Legionnaires x11 (110), Necromutant Squad Leader (+20), 3x Valcheck HMG's (+24), 1x Plaguedealer (+5) - (159)  
Necromutants x5 (105), Heavy Plaguedealer x1 (10) - (115)

Support
Praetorian Stalkers x3 - (240)
Praetorian Stalkers x3, Reaper of Semai x3 (0) - (240)
Razide x2 - (150)

Light Vehicle/Monster
Praetorian Behemoth - (320)

Total - 1753

Obviously I won't be play-testing at 1753 points, lol. But rather I'll be trying out different bits and pieces to see what I enjoy using most.

I'll try and make some more progress this week and I have a game scheduled for Friday.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails