Thursday 24 July 2014

Crew a Week Project - Rasputinas Cult of December - Part 1

This one is actually going to take more than a week but as it's technically two crews I'd have two weeks to do it anyway...However I'm not going to rush this one. If it takes longer then it takes longer...

For those of you who don't read background stories (shame on you...) Rasputina has finally embraced the whole 'eating people' part of the cult of December and rather than just paint the crew in wintry colours I decided I was going to add a bit of blood and guts as well. 

Time for an inspiring picture...


...sorry if you were expecting an attractive lady splattered in blood but I did that yesterday...

The models I'll be using have all been based in the same manner and should once painted give a decent look of a mountainous environment. My partner also has a significant quantity of snow related basing material from when she did her own Rasputina crew so that part of the project should be fairly simple.

This is my starting point. Regular viewers of the blog will probably recognise some of these models from their respective unboxing projects. As I'm painting everything together there are a few models that despite me having multiples of I wont be able to use all of them in the same game but they'll look good together anyway, lol. I also have two Blessed of December for no apparent reason.....






I've decided to use the new plastic Wendigo without the 'victim' so it's not based yet due to me needing to create a hand and foot for it. I also need to source some body parts for the bases and for the scheme markers as well as for the 'Ice Pillars' when I work out how I'm going to create those. I'm thinking of making them loook like some kind of sacrificial post together with chains and a victim or two...time will tell how practical that's going to be though...


The aforementioned 'body parts' will be provided by the left over parts from my Mantic Games Zombies, Ghouls and Skeletons that were left over from my (admittedly only half finished) Kings of War undead army. As you can see from the following few pictures there's plenty of suitable bits and pieces to act as both bits of new victims and the remains of some older ones...




So that's what I'll be up to for the next couple of weeks...


Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails